Activities For While We Are On Pause
We’ve assembled some fun adventure themed resources for parents to do with kids while they are home from school. Keep checking back as we will be adding new content during the months of May & June.
Zippy Coloring Book Page
Have you met Zippy the mascot of Bristol Mountain Aerial Adventures?
Color Zippy and his friend as they zip through the trees at Bristol Mountain.
Summer Fun Word Search
Get ready to splash in the waves at Roseland Waterpark with this fun word search.
Leaf Identification Sheet
The staff at Bristol Mountain Aerial Adventures compiled a list of tree types that are common in this area. Get out in your backyard and see what trees you have around your house!
Science & Climb Scavenger Hunt
Have you been to Science & Climb at Bristol Mountain Aerial Adventures? Participate at home with this fun scavenger hunt that can be done in your own backyard.
The Science Behind The Fun
Learn some of the science behind your favorite outdoor activities.
- Is every snowflake unique? Learn about the science of snowflakes.
- What does dust have to do with snow? Get more information on the amazing science of dust.
- How do you make snow? Get more information on how to make snow from OnTheSnow.
- If you haven’t seen it yet, check out our really cool I AM A Snowmaker video from this winter.
- What makes the perfect powder? Learn more about how to find the perfect snow.
History of Bristol Mountain
This spring we have released a series of videos detailing some of the original history of Bristol Mountain from Ron Ratnik, one of Bristol Mountain’s 3 founding partners. Learn more about the origins of the mountain.
Science of the Winter Olympics
NBC Sports and the National Science Foundation put together a series of videos explaining the science behind the Winter Olympics. Learn more about the sport and come back a smarter athlete next season.
- Physics of Downhill Skiing (plus a fun video about how an athlete applies that knowledge)
- Ski Jumping
- Slope Style Skiing (plus a fun video about how an athlete applies that knowledge)
- Alpine Skiing & Vibration Damping
- Cross-Country Skiing, Internal Athlete
- The Science of Skis
- Aerial Physics
- Science of Snow
- There is no such thing as cold. What?
- Learn more about how snow is tracked with radar.
- Can you trust long range forecasts?
Kids, do you have a question about Bristol Mountain that you’ve always wanted answered?
Let us know for our next Question & Answer Broadcast!