FREESTYLE COACHING. COMPETITIVE MOGULS. BIG AIR AND TERRAIN PARK.
14 Weeks - Saturdays & Sundays
December 14th, 2019 - March 15th, 2020
9:30am - 2:30pm
(No makeup dates for weather cancelations.)
The Bristol Mountain Freestyle Team provides athletes with the opportunity to master their freestyle skiing skills in competitive moguls, big air, and the terrain park. Whether your goals are making the US Freestyle Team someday, competing at USSA local and regional events, or you would like to improve your mogul and air skills, this program teaches the skills, tactics, and maneuvers to help you reach your goals. A strong emphasis is placed on safe skiing while having fun. Coaching is included at selected USSA sanctioned events.
Call 585-374-6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Bristol Freestyle Information
Practice times are Saturday & Sunday 9:30am - 2:30pm.
Our primary goal is to help each athlete become the best skier they can be by training in a fun and safe environment with a further emphasis on the fun part!
We always have practice even if there is an away meet and a bunch of athletes/coaches are traveling.
We will also typically meet during the week for fun - usually on Wednesday evenings. These are not training sessions but rather group ski events.
An email will typically be sent out once a week with important info related to training and fun ski get togethers. Please make sure sure you are on the DL. We have a lot of athletes on the team this year and we need to make sure everyone is on the same page!
This is a more advanced program and unlike Brigades where instructors eat lunch with the kids and classes are very compact, at times, our training will involve coaches being at stationary posts and athletes lapping on the chair in small groups. If you have a younger child or one that needs closer supervision at all times let us know.
Attending/participating in competitions is not necessary at all. New athletes will start competing at the B level. The first event in our region is at Bristol on January 4th. We are also hosting the last competition in late March. This last event is by invite only.
B Event Schedule for 2020
December 14/15: Bristol Freestyle Program starts week 1
January 4/5: Bristol A/B Meet Moguls
January 25: Holimont Moguls
January 26: Buffalo Aerial Assault
February 1/2: Empire State Games Whiteface
February 1/2: Seven Springs M/SS
February 8/9: Holiday Valley Moguls
February 22/23: Regionals Buffalo Ski Club
March 20/22: Eastern Championships Bristol
In order to compete athletes need to hold a competitors license from USSA. Go to USSA.org to register. Your club affiliation will be Bristol SnowSports Club. As stated earlier there is no need whatsoever to actually compete.
1. Where do I get the team jacket, sweatshirt, hat, etc? We're setting up an online store for this - hopefully soon!!!
2. Where do we meet for practice? Bottom of the Comet Express.
3. What if we are late for practice or can't make it? If you are late just find one of our groups on the hill. If you know you won't be here send Johnny an email before 3pm on Friday if possible.
4. Do I need special skis, pants, jackets, etc.? Probably not. If your child has something that is too far out of whack we will get in touch with you.
5. What is BFF (Bristol Freestyle Fund)? This is a 501(c)3 fund that was started to support the elite athletes that got their start here in our program. We have expanded this to include more and more benefits each year to athletes in our current program in the form of subsidies to camps and entry fees to various competitions. Our main fundraising event is a golf tournament in September. This fund has no affiliation with Bristol Mountain.
6. Should my son/daughter compete and if so what does it cost? The choice to compete or not lies mainly with the athlete. Coaches will help in the decision making process. B competitions are just for fun and please understand that everyone is at the developmental level - including the judges and officials. We are all learning! The costs include the USSA license (they do offer a 1 or 2 day license so that you can try it out) as well as typically between $50 and $70 per event. The fee does cover your lift ticket.
Freestyle and Freeride team members must purchase an Executive or Student season pass separately.
The Bristol Mountain Assumption of All Risks Agreement as well as the Parent Agreement (if participant is under the age of 19) must be signed by the participant and/or parent prior to the first day of class. Participant will not be able to participate without the completed form on file at Bristol Mountain.
Gift Cards may be purchased and funds applied toward goods and services at any Bristol Mountain sales point. Terms and conditions apply.
Participants should meet in the Event Center by 9:15 am on the first day of the program.
Classes are held rain or shine. If severe weather prevents classes from being held, an announcement will be posted on our Facebook page.
REFUNDS ARE NOT ISSUED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.