- In order to ride the chairlift all passengers must have the ability to not only ride the chairlift but to also be evacuated from the chair and the terrain below. Passengers must be able to get on and off the chairlift without assistance.
- There is a maximum of 4 per chair.
- If you are unfamiliar with the use of the lift please ask the operator for instructions.
- For the safety of your pet, no pets or service animals are allowed on the chairlift.
- Visitors may ride the Comet Express from the summit to the base or hike down via recommended (marked) trails.
What to wear
- Sturdy closed‐toed footwear is highly recommended. We recommend sneakers, hiking boots, or close toed shoes.
- Do not load until instructed by the operator.
- Check for loose clothing and equipment. Remove and carry backpacks in laps.
- Wait for a chair to pass by and follow it out onto the deck to the red line where indicated.
- Turn to watch for oncoming chair and sit in the chair.
- Lower bar when clear of ramp.
- All passengers must unload at the top and bottom.
- Passengers will unload at the top of the lift and exit the ramp.
- You may reload the chair at the direction of the lift attendant. Waiting period to reload may vary depending on traffic.
- Children must sit independently (not being held or in a lap).
- Children ages 2 and younger must be adequately secured by a car seat or front baby carrier provided by guest while riding the chairlift.
- Children under 4 feet tall must be accompanied by an adult while riding the chairlift.