Bristol Mountain COVID-19 Operating Plan
Our top priority is the safety and health of our guests and staff.
Our Operating Plan follows New York State Guidance for Ski Facilities and is designed to minimize risk and enhance safety for guests and staff.
- If you are feeling sick, please do not come to the mountain (see Daily Health Screening).
- You must wear a face covering at all times. If you do not wear a face covering you risk losing your skiing and riding privileges (see Face Coverings).
- The mountain is operating at limited capacity. Reservations ensure that you will not be disappointed when you arrive and time slots are sold out (see Reservations and Ticketing).
- Use your vehicle as your base lodge. Boot up and leave your personal belongings in your vehicle (see Arrive Prepared).
- If you arrive together, ride together (see Lift Operations).
- Please maintain a distance of 6 feet apart from others (see Physical Distancing at our Mountain).
- Lodges are limited to 50% capacity. Time inside must be limited to 15-30 minutes. No personal gear is allowed in the lodges (see Lodges).
- Guests who wish to boot up nearer to the mountain may do so at the tent next to the Ticket Window. Guests may leave a pair of shoes in the cubbies in the tent.
Please review the following questions before coming to the Mountain:
- Do you currently have signs or symptoms of a viral respiratory illness such as cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, irritated eyes, nasal congestion or runny nose?
- Do you currently have a fever over 100.3 degrees F or have had one within the last 72 hours?
- Have you had unexplained symptoms such as a loss of taste or smell, headache, body aches, fatigue, vomiting and/or diarrhea within the last 72 hours?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you knowingly been in close contact in the past 14 days with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have you traveled out of New York State to or from a noncontiguous state or CDC level 2 or level 3 country in the past 14 days and not tested-out of the mandatory 14-day quarantine?
- Are you currently required to quarantine or self-isolate by a health professional, government agency, or due to travel to a location requiring quarantine?
If you answer yes to any of these questions you may not come to the Mountain.
We will be required to monitor and limit capacity on busy days or when we have limited terrain (i.e. early season). Reservations will be required for our card products and lift ticket sales. In order to avoid disappointment reservations are made in advance on our website. This will ensure upon your arrival the exchange of your voucher for the day’s ticket will be efficient and outdoors at our ticket windows. Reservations, once they are made, cannot be changed within 7 days of your desired visit date. Reservations currently will not be required for our season pass products that allow direct- to-lift access (picture passes). If you wish to change your lift ticket reservation please use this form.
Face coverings will be required at all times when you are at the resort, unless you are:
- Actively skiing or snowboarding down the mountain and socially distant.
- Seated indoors eating or drinking.
Guests who do not comply with the face covering rules will be reminded to put on a mask. If the guest does not comply, they will lose their skiing and riding privileges.
This season please consider the use of your vehicle as your base lodge. Boot up and leave your personal belongings in your vehicle. While at your vehicle no tailgating or congregating. No alcohol is permitted on the premises. Guests who wish to boot up nearer to the mountain may do so at the tent next to the Ticket Window. Guests may leave a pair of shoes in the cubbies in the tent.
If you are in the same party/household/family you may ride on the same chair together. Other parties will ride one person on the Sunset Double Chair and Rocket Triple Chair, or two people on the quads (Comet Express, Morning Star, and Galaxy Express) on opposite sides of the chair. There will be a line set up in the maize for those who agree to ride in the quad chair together. If you wish to ride alone, we ask you to ride the Rocket Triple or when it’s not operating access the Comet Express through the general line.
While at the mountain you may experience lines while waiting for the lift. Please maintain a proper distance from other parties and ensure that your face is covered at all times. Queues at lift lines are allowed.
Please maintain a distance of 6 feet at all times whether on the slopes, in the lodges, or around the base area. Guests are allowed to queue up in lift lines.
Our Lodges will be limited to 50% capacity this winter. Therefore, we must limit your time in the lodges to 15-30 minutes to warm up, use the restrooms, etc. In order to limit the time in the lodges no personal gear, bags, coolers or slow cookers, etc. will be allowed. The lodges will not be available for putting on your boots. Bag lunches will be permitted on the first floor of the Rocket Lodge, the Event Center, or the Sunset Deck. There is a limit of 4 per table unless you are living in the same household.